Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Gratitude

In honor of the approaching holiday, I thought I'd share a few things that I'm grateful for.
1. Good literature, like the Alchemist, that inspire me and get me really thinking about life's journey.
2. Lovely sisters - and in-laws - that I share my hopes, dreams, and silly stories with.
3. My mother - who is always there - for the good and for the bad and who finally has a cell phone so that I can reach her anytime of day or night.
4. The magic of the first good snow of the season.
5. The last brightly colored leaf to fall from the tree.
6. My job - I may not love it, but it's a good starter job and helps me to provide for myself.
7. My beautiful little car :)
8. Besides the above mentioned people, family members in general and bffs like Natausha make life great.
9. I'm grateful for pictures - they have the power to preserve memories, feelings, events, etc. I looked through some pictures today and was flooded with memories - tears and laughter - and all the great feelings of life.
10. I am grateful for heartbreak (not that I want it all the time. I would actually be happy to never experience it again.) However, I was thinking the other day about what a beautiful thing it is to hurt that deeply because that hurt is a reflection of how much we are capable of caring and loving someone and that's a pretty miraculous thing.
11. I'm grateful that I have the power to make my dreams come true.
12. I'm definitely grateful for my life and my beliefs.
13. I'm grateful for Frozen Yogurt (especially the kind in Provo that is extremely reasonably priced and I get to buy it by ounce and add as many toppings as I want).
14. I'm grateful for the dreams of foreign lands and cultures and that I can plan lots of imaginary vacations that I hope will one day stop being imaginary.
15. Despite my country's imperfections, I am very grateful to live in the U.S!!!
16. I'm grateful for songs that perfectly express my feelings.
17. I'm grateful that I got to travel to Plymouth and the Mayflower and recreate the first Thanksgiving in my mind in the place that those first pilgrims came.
This list could go on and on. It's just a start of what I'm grateful for this Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment