Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Here's a Hint - this one's continental.

1. Town that's famous for its Silver Mine, although people originally flocked here because of the prospect of gold.
2. In 1866, it was the fastest growing city in the region (although now it's just a tiny little town whose glory lives on only in memory).
3. There is a charming train that runs through town and also helps you to imagine what life was like there in the 1800s.
4. Going on mine tours ALWAYS makes me think of a short story that I read in college by Baldomero Lillo. It's called "Compuerta numero 12". You can find it translated to english on line and I HIGHLY recommend that you read it! It's only a couple of pages.

Enjoy the picture and guess any guesses as to where we were? This one was a little bit easier, but it's a practice for the future posts.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to venture a guess and say Colorado? Somewhere near Denver. i think mines would make me claustrophobic...or make me think of Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's another hint: UPDATE your dang blog!!!!

    ReplyDelete