Saturday, June 12, 2010

Singing in the Rain

Last night, it was a perfect temperature. It was overcast and with a light drizzle. So, seeing as how those are the perfect conditions to go running, I put on my running shoes and headed out - aiming for Liberty Park. I had my ipod strapped on my arm and the ear-buds in which blocks out any sound of the surrounding busy city streets.
I got to the park about 8 pm and it was completely deserted. I had the whole place to myself. And, can I tell you, it was WONDERFUL! The drizzle hitting the pond, the ducks and geese, the puddles, the bright green trees, and me. As I got to the park, "Out of My League" by Stephen Speaks was blasting through the my headphones. So, since every other part of the setting was perfect, I decided to sing along as well, so I went running by the pond, singing as loud as I could (in between breaths), and felt perfectly content for a few minutes.
I highly recommend finding your own place, where no one else exists except you and your dreams - no person, no cars, no sounds, except those that you allow to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment