Monday, August 31, 2009

Tender Mercies

So I'll be honest. I've been complaining a lot in the last week. Okay, complaining isn't the right word - the truth is that I just haven't been trying to find the positive in the different aspects of my life. I've been realistic instead of hopeful and optimistic. Sorry to all those who've talked with me in the last week. I tried to put on a brave face, but somedays I didn't succeed.
But...
I'm pleased to announce that I'm on the uphill climb of the roller coaster. For the first few weeks of my job, I've been trying to fill in the void of 8 hours - usually unsuccessfully. Today, I've been busy (up until I started writing this blog) and it was blessed to go from client to client! And, I've been bummed that I haven't been working with hispanics, but today, I worked with a little hispanic man and his wife who didn't speak english. And, it gets better. They were Chilean! What happiness. My heart pitter pats at the thought. Needless to say, it was one of the moments that said to me, "Becky, stick with your job. Things are going to be okay!"
Then...
Yesterday I went to church and left simultaneously happy and a little bummed. But then I went out with my dear roomie Annette - who is often a lifesaver - and was reminded of all the great friends I have. I just passed the whole night away and suddenly it was 11 and time to go to sleep. I had lots of fun and it definitely rejuvenated me and reminded me that even with the recent break up with a little someone special, life is pretty good.
And...
My newest niece is on the verge of being here in person so I will now be an Aunt to 2! I wasn't around when Lizzie was born, so I'm pretty excited about this.
And...
Everyone is going back to school which means that Provo life is going to be crazy and hectic for the majority of the people, but that means that I will not be doing assigned homework but learning at my own whim and doing my own projects, which I have a list of.
So...
No more complaining. It just requires way too much effort to do so and to live that way so I say we all buck up. As a very wise man once said, "Your future is only as bright as your faith."

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad we both had the same ephiphany. Complaining is hard work - it's much easier sometimes to have a positive outlook. So, we'll both keep up the good work! :)

    ReplyDelete