Saturday, July 26, 2008
Is there anything more delightful than a good small town Rodeo?
I was thrilled to go with Ceci to the Spanish Fork Rodeo - it was a little touch and go there for a while because we didn't buy tickets beforehand and they were sold out, so we had to put our names on the Stand By list. Luckily - I worked my magic on the ticket man and we got great seats!
List of the Top 5 Wonderful parts of the Rodeo:
1. Cowboy hats with men underneath them. There is nothing more attractive to me than a cowboy - hence my love for the movie "Man from Snowy River" but that's a post for a different day.
2. Mutton Bustin' - aka - little children holding on to sheep for dear life as they go running across the arena. Then they get thrown off and nearly trampled. Interesting.
3. The Rodeo Queens - overly curly hair, loads of makeup, complete cowgirls! I think I should become a rodeo queen and update the image a little bit.
4. Steer Wrestling - It is remarkable that they can jump off their horses onto a steer and wrestle it to the ground within 10 seconds. That's attractive, haha.
5. The Rodeo fulfills my life dreams - small town feeling, cattle, horses...I could go on and and...