Thursday, July 31, 2008

The Evil Toaster

As always I was rushing around this morning preparing for a long day at work! I had 5 minutes to eat breakfast so I popped a Toaster Struddle in. The toaster would only keep it down for 10 seconds and then pop up happily as if it were done - when it clearly was not. After a few minutes of pushing down the button, I thought one more 15 second toast would do the trick, so I pressed down the lever and ran to the bathroom to brush my teeth. A minute later as the apartment filled up with smoke and a terrible burning smell, I ran into the kitchen to see the malfunctioning toaster, malfunctioning still - but this time it didn´t pop up.
I went to work without my breakfast and arrived smelling very distinctly like burnt! It was a rough start to a long day.
Word to the Wise - Be careful with your toasters!

1 comment:

  1. "my father, the inventor of toaster struddles would NOT be happy with this toaster!"

    ReplyDelete